Unfortunately, there will come a time when you need to cancel a customer's subscription. If you allow cancellations, a customer can do this themselves from inside the "Manage Subscription" area. Canceling a subscription moves a customer to inactive status, and cancels all future subscriptions immediately.
To cancel a customer's subscriptions, please follow these steps:
- From Shopify's admin, select Apps.
- Select Recurring Orders & Subscriptions by Bold.
- Select Subscriptions, then Customers.
- Enter email address or name in the search to find the customer.
- Select Search.
- Select Edit.
- Select the ellipsis beside the order you want to adjust.
- Select Cancel subscription.
- Select Confirm.
- Canceling their subscription moves them to "Inactive Subscriber" status, and you can always find them later.
- You can always Reactivate an Inactive Subscriber later, as long as it was not an automatically expiring subscription.
- You can still view their order history and subscription information after you've canceled their subscription.
- Canceling a subscription does not affect any existing orders generated in Shopify.