Ever wanted to allow a customer to create a bundle and track inventory at the same time? To do this, you must have both Product Options and Product Discount installed and set up. Once you have both apps set up, follow these steps:
- Create a Discount with Product Discount.
Note: This is where you will create the hidden products that will be added to your bundle. Apply a 100% discount on these products.
- Select Apps.
- Select Product Options by Bold.
- Select Options.
- Select Create Option Set.
- Enter an INTERNAL NAME, this is only visible within Shopify.
- Select Select Products.
- Select Add beside each of the products you would like to add to your bundle.
Note: Make sure you select the $0 products you created in step 1. You can view this by selecting the down-arrow in the drop-down box next to the Add button.
- Select Continue with the selected products.
- Select Create new option.
Note: You can choose Pick from existing if you have already created options that can be used here.
- Enter a NAME.
Note: This is the field label your customers will see.
- Select a TYPE.
Note: This is how your options will display, "Dropdown" is a common space-saving option.
- Enter a SYSTEM NAME.
Note: This is for your reference only and will not be visible to customers.
- Enter a DESCRIPTION.
Note: This is a short explanation of the option for your customer's reference.
- Enter a VALUE.
Note: The options entered here are the options available for your bundle as a whole. (ie. size). You can select the "Selected" checkbox to make this value the default choice.
- Select Adjusts price.
- Select Create a charge.
- Enter the $ Amount you will be charging for this bundle option.
Note: The amount entered here can be different for each option.
- Under "HOW DO YOU WANT TO HANDLE QUANTITIES?", select a value.
Note: Visit: What do the "How do you want to handle quantities" options mean? for a detailed explanation of these options.
- Repeat steps 15 - 19 until you have entered all values.
- Select Save.
- Select Save Option Set.
Note: You can add additional options here by selecting Create new option (ie. Colour, Age group, etc.).