To use the QuickBooks Online app, you need an active QuickBooks Online account. You can sign up for a free trial while setting up the QuickBooks Online app in your Shopify admin.
TIP: If you signed up for Shopify at shopify.com/quickbooks, then your Shopify admin comes pre-installed with the QuickBooks Online app.
To install the QuickBooks Online app in your Shopify admin:
- Download the app from the Shopify App Store or right here.
- On the Install QuickBooks Online page in your Shopify admin, click Install app:
After you've installed the QuickBooks Online app, you can open it from the Apps page in your Shopify admin
- Now that you've installed the Shopify QuickBooks Online app in your Shopify admin, you need to connect it with your QuickBooks Online account. If you already have a QuickBooks Online account, then click Connect to QuickBooks. If you don't, then click Sign up for a free QuickBooks Online trial, create a new QuickBooks Online account, and then click Connect now:
If you sign up for QuickBooks Online at this step, then make sure you update the required tax information in QuickBooks Online before continuing with the setup in your Shopify admin.
- On the Sign-in dialog, enter your QuickBooks user ID and password, and then click Sign In:
NOTE: If you want to use QuickBooks Payments, then make sure that you enter the QuickBooks user ID that's associated with your QuickBooks Payments account.
- Click Authorize to allow Intuit to share data with your Shopify admin:
When the authorization is complete, the QuickBooks Online app's Settings page appears.
After you've installed the app and connected your accounts, you need to configure the QuickBooks Online app settings.