To configure your export settings, please follow these steps:
- From Shopify's admin, select Apps.
- Select Intuit QuickBooks Online.
- Select your QuickBooks accounts for each category.
Note: Visit QuickBooks Online Chart of Accounts for more information.
- Select Export your payout fees and adjustments from Shopify Payments (optional).
- Choose your Payment Fees accounts for each category.
- Under "Tax Settings", select the relevant tax agency or create a new one.
Note: When you export your orders, the tax agencies that you choose here will appear in the Sales Tax Center in QuickBooks Online, and the name of each new tax rate will begin with "Shopify".
- Under "Product export settings", choose how you want your products to appear in QuickBooks Online.
- Under "Customer export settings", choose how you want your customer records to appear in QuickBooks Online.
Note: By default, the QuickBooks Integration creates separate customer records in QuickBooks Online for each of your Shopify customers. If you select Do not export customers to QuickBooks Online, then the QuickBooks Online app assigns all exported orders to a single Shopify - Customer record in QuickBooks Online.
- Under "Export settings", choose if you want to schedule Automatic exports daily (after midnight) or Receive export notifications by email.
Note: If you notice that an order is missing from an automatic export, then you can add it by creating a new export with a date range that includes the date of the missing order.
- When you're done, select Save or Complete setup.