From the QuickBooks Online app's Settings page, you can choose where and how the information that you export from Shopify appears in QuickBooks Online.
To configure your export settings:
- From the QuickBooks Online app's Settings page, enter the required account information in the Select your QuickBooks accounts section:
Product sales An income account that records completed orders as sales receipts. Gift cards A liability account that records purchased gift cards. When gift cards are redeemed, the corresponding liability is subtracted from this account. This account does not track gift cards that were issued manually. Learn more › PayPal deposits A bank account that records payments received for purchases made using PayPal. Payment deposits An asset account that records payments received for all sales in Shopify. The name of this account as it appears in Shopify reflects your settings in QuickBooks Online at the time of your last export.
You can review your existing accounts and create new ones on the Chart of Accounts page in QuickBooks Online:
- If you want to export payouts and fees from your Shopify account to QuickBooks Online, then select Export your payout fees and adjustments from Shopify Payments, and then choose your payout and adjustments accounts:
- In the Tax Settings section, select the relevant tax agency or create a new one using the available drop-down menus:
When you export your orders, the tax agencies that you choose here will appear in the Sales Tax Center in QuickBooks Online, and the name of each new tax rate will begin with "Shopify":
TIP: The Shopify QuickBooks Online app requires that you enable taxes and choose a tax agency in QuickBooks Online, even if you aren't actively charging tax through your Shopify store.
- In the Product export settings section, choose how you want your products to appear in QuickBooks Online:
- In the Customer export settings section, choose how you want your customer records to appear in QuickBooks Online:
By default, the QuickBooks Online app creates separate customer records in QuickBooks Online for each of your Shopify customers. If you select Do not export customers to QuickBooks Online, then the QuickBooks Online app assigns all exported orders to a single Shopify - Customer record in QuickBooks Online.
- In the Export settings section, choose if you want to schedule automatic daily exports or receive export notifications by email:
If you notice that an order is missing from an automatic export, then you can add it by creating a new export with a date range that includes the date of the missing order.
- When you're done, click Save or Complete setup.