When your store is connected with Xero, Xero can help you manage and change your tax rates.
Our Xero Integration creates tax rates based on orders from your Shopify store. Tax rates are created any time your Shopify data is exported to Xero. Tax rates created by our Xero Integration will have names that begin with "SH".
To view tax rates created by the Xero Integration:
- From your "Xero Dashboard", select Settings.
- Select General Settings.
- In the "Organisation" section, select Tax Rates.
- Select the Tax Rates bar to expand the list of tax rates that have been created in Xero.
If your Xero account is based in the United Kingdom, Australia, or New Zealand, you must map your Shopify tax rates to the default Xero tax rates.
You can do this while setting up the Xero Integration, or at any time from the Xero Integration's "Settings" page:
- From Shopify's admin, select Apps.
- Select Xero.
- Select Settings.
- In the "Tax settings" section, select a tax rate for each of the listed categories.
- Select Save.