Recurring Orders allows existing active subscribers to add new subscription products to their existing subscription. By default, the “Add to Existing Subscription” button will display on any Shopify product page that is currently inside of a standard-type subscription group. For the button to display the customer must be logged into their Shopify account.
To set this feature up for your customer please refer to these articles:
- From the “Shopify storefront”, select Log in.
- Enter Email.
- Enter Password.
- Select Sign In.
- Select Manage Subscription.
- Next to an active subscription, select Manage.
- Select Add Product to Subscription.
- Select OK in the pop-up window.
- Select Back to Store.
- From a subscription-based product page, select Add to existing subscription.
- Confirm subscription information:
- If there is only one subscription tied to the account review the current subscription information.
- If there are multiple subscriptions tied to the account, select which subscription you would like to add this product to.
- Confirm new shipping rate if required.
- Select Add.
- If a customer chooses to add a new subscription product to their existing subscription, the product will absorb the existing order frequency. If the customer requires a different order frequency, they will need to process this as a new, separate subscription.
- This feature is not compatible with our Convertible Subscriptions or Dynamic Discounting feature. Any product that is inside of a subscription group utilizing either of these features will not have the “Add to Subscription” button. The customer would have to check out separately with those subscription products.
Some Shopify themes can interact poorly with modal popups, but these issues can always be fixed. If you're having an issue with this feature, please Email our Support Wizards.
To fully troubleshoot this feature, please provide our support team with a Shopify account and password that has an active subscription tied to it. You may need to Place a Test Order to provide us with this.