Once you have all the settings in Bold Cashier and have it enabled on your storefront, you should place a test order to ensure everything has been set up properly. Testing can be done on a Backup Theme, before enabling Cashier on a live theme.
Note: Visit Enable Development Mode in Cashier to process this order through a test payment gateway. If the app is not in development mode, you will be charged for the order using real funds.
To place a test order, follow these steps:
- From the storefront, add one or more products to your cart.
Select Check Out.
Note: This is the point where you are transferred to Cashier.
- Ensure the URL in the address bar now begins with cashier.boldcommerce.com.
- Enter your Customer Information or Log in.
- Select Continue to shipping method.
- Select a Shipping Method.
- Select Continue to payment method.
- Select a Payment Method.
- Enter your Payment Information.
Note: Visit Test Payment Cards with Cashier for more information on the card numbers to use when testing.
- Select Complete order.
- From Shopify's admin, select Apps after receiving the "Order Confirmation Email".
- Select Bold Cashier.
- Select Orders, then All Orders.
- Ensure the order appears there.
- Ensure the payment processes successfully.
- Check to ensure the order is processed in Shopify.
You can tell the order is from Cashier by the sales channel from Bold Cashier (via import).
It is best to try different scenarios when testing (i.e. gift cards, discount codes, credit cards, logged in, logged out, etc.) to ensure everything is set up properly.