Ajax is a set of web development coding techniques that allow for actions to occur on the storefront without having to change or move webpages.
To check if your theme uses Ajax, follow these steps:
- Create a Cross-Sell Offer.
- From the "Storefront", select the trigger product.
Note: This is the product you have set up to trigger the Upsell offer. Your URL should contain yourstore.myshopify.com/product.
- Select Add to Cart.
- If you are not using an Ajax cart, you are now redirected to the cart page, your URL will read: yourstore.myshopify.com/cart and you do not need to continue with these steps.
- If you are using an Ajax cart, some form of animation occurs, keeping you on the product page, your URL will still read: yourstore.myshopify.com/product.
Note: Many Ajax cart animations will include a cart display showing the inventory in the cart itself. This cart display will often have a checkout button which allows the customer to bypass the actual cart page and go straight to the checkout page.
- If you are using an Ajax cart, continue with these steps:
- Select Checkout.
If the Upsell does trigger, Product Upsell is set up properly and you don't need any further updates.
If the Upsell does not trigger, you will need a theme update, at this time please Request a Product Upsell Installation.
- Introducing "True Upsells" for Shopify
- Problem Solved: Creating upsell BOGO offers on Shopify
- How to use cross-sells and upsells to increase revenue on Shopify
- 9 upselling techniques to explode your average order value
- How to create simple upsells on Shopify
- Why upsells AFTER checkout on Shopify will be your highest converting click