To check if your theme uses Ajax, follow these steps:
- Test Product Upsell 3.0.
- From the "Storefront", select the trigger product.
Note: This is the product you have set up to trigger the Upsell Offer. Your URL should contain yourstore.myshopify.com/product.
- Select Add to Cart.
- If you are not using an Ajax cart, you are now redirected to the cart page, your URL will read: yourstore.myshopify.com/cart and you do not need to continue with these steps.
- If you are using an Ajax cart, some form of animation occurs, keeping you on the product page, your URL will still read: yourstore.myshopify.com/product.
Note: Many Ajax cart animations will include a cart display showing the inventory in the cart itself. This cart display will often have a checkout button which allows the customer to bypass the actual cart page and go straight to the checkout page.
- If you are using an Ajax cart, continue with these steps:
- Select Checkout.
If the Upsell does trigger, Product Upsell 3.0 is set up properly and you don't need any further updates.
If the Upsell does not trigger, you will need a theme update, at this time please Request an Ajax Install.
- Introducing "True Upsells" for Shopify
- Problem Solved: Creating upsell BOGO offers on Shopify
- How to use cross-sells and upsells to increase revenue on Shopify
- 9 upselling techniques to explode your average order value
- How to create simple upsells on Shopify
- Why upsells AFTER checkout on Shopify will be your highest converting click