Bold Memberships offers you the flexibility to invite customers to join your membership plans. When you invite someone to a plan, they receive access to all of the plan's benefits for free. You can also use this to invite yourself in order to see how your membership plan appears to customers.
Note: This is different from having someone sign up on the storefront. No billing information is taken from customers who are invited to your membership plans.
To invite a user for a free membership, please follow these steps:
- From within Bold Memberships, select Plans.
- Select Actions (the gear icon), then Invite.
- Enter the email address of the person you would like to invite.
- Select Send Invite(s).
- If the invited user already has a customer account in your store, they will receive a notification email and can immediately log into their customer account.
- If the user does not already have an account, they will receive 2 emails from your store. One email is informational, like the one in the first scenario. The second one prompts them to create a password for their newly created account. Once the customer account has a password, it becomes active, and the user can log in to get their membership access.
- A notification email will not be sent to the Notification Email set within Bold Memberships if a customer is invited to a free membership from within the app.