Shopify accounts are needed for a customer to manage their subscription after making a purchase.
Note: For more information on this feature, visit Shopify Account Settings for Bold Subscriptions.
To make these accounts required or optional in Bold Subscriptions, please follow these steps:
- From Shopify's admin, select Apps.
- Select Recurring Orders & Subscriptions by Bold.
- Select Settings.
- Select General.
- Scroll down to "Customer Accounts" and select Accounts are required, or Accounts are optional:
- Accounts are required - a customer will not be able to checkout until they register for or log in to a Shopify Account. Requiring a login tends to lower conversion rates.
- Accounts are optional - a customer can checkout through the Bold Subscriptions checkout without creating a Shopify account. They will not be able to manage their subscription until they create an account using the email address they used to process the order.
- Select Save.