Shopify accounts are needed for a customer to manage their subscription after making a purchase. For more information on this feature, visit: Shopify Account Settings for Recurring Orders.
To make Shopify accounts required or optional in Recurring Orders, follow these steps:
- From “Shopify Admin”, select Apps.
- Select Recurring Orders & Subscriptions by Bold.
- Select Settings.
- Select General.
- Scroll down to Customer Accounts.
- Select Accounts are required or Accounts are optional:
- Accounts are required - a customer will not be able to checkout until they register for or log in to a Shopify Account. Requiring a login tends to lower conversion rates.
- Accounts are optional - a customer can checkout through the Recurring Orders checkout without creating a Shopify account. They will not be able to manage their subscription until they create an account using the email address they used to process the order.
- Select Save.