Recurring Orders provides a way for your subscribers to prepay for orders. These orders are still generated in Shopify for you to fulfill and ship, the only difference is they are already paid for. For more detailed information about this feature, visit: Prepaid and Gift Subscriptions in Recurring Orders.
To set up your prepaid and gift subscription options, follow these steps:
- From "Shopify Admin", select Apps.
- Select Recurring Orders & Subscriptions by Bold.
- Select Subscriptions.
- Select Edit, next to the subscription group you would like to make a Prepaid or gift Subscription.
Note: If you have not set up a subscription yet, Create a Subscription Group.
- Scroll down to Maximum Subscription Length.
- Select Set max numbers of recurring orders to.
- Select Allow customers to prepay for subscriptions.
- Enter a Number of orders you would like to offer for prepay.
- Enter a % Off (optional) incentive for prepaying.
- Select Add another prepaid option, if you would like to offer another option.
- Repeat steps 8-10 for all the prepayment options you would like to offer.
- Under “After subscription ends, select Continue Charging or Expire.
Note: Choosing continue charging will continue the subscription after the prepaid time has lapsed. Choosing expire will automatically end the subscription after the prepaid times has lapsed. Gift subscriptions will automatically expire regardless of what you choose here.
- Select the Allow gift subscriptions? Checkbox.
- Select Save.