Note: For more detailed information about this feature, visit Prepaid and Gift Subscriptions in Bold Subscriptions.
To set up your prepaid and gift subscription options, please follow these steps:
- From Shopify's admin, select Apps.
- Select Recurring Orders & Subscriptions by Bold.
- Select Subscriptions -> Subscriptions.
- Select Actions, next to the subscription group you would like to make a Prepaid or Gift Subscription.
Note: If you have not set up a subscription yet, Create a Subscription Group.
- Select Edit Subscription.
- Scroll down to Maximum Subscription Length.
- Select Set max numbers of recurring orders to.
- Select Allow customers to prepay for subscriptions.
- Enter a Number of orders you would like to offer for prepayment.
- Enter a % Off (optional) incentive for prepaying.
- Select Add another prepaid option if you would like to offer another option.
- Repeat steps 8-10 for all the prepayment options you would like to offer.
- Under "After subscription ends", select Continue Charging or Expire.
Note: Choosing to continue charging will extend the subscription after the prepaid time has lapsed. Choosing to expire will automatically end the subscription after the prepaid times has lapsed. Gift subscriptions will automatically expire regardless of what you choose here.
- Select the Allow gift subscriptions? checkbox.
- Under "Minimal Fulfilled Order Requirement", select:
- Off; or
- Customer can cancel after at least XX orders.
- Enter a number.
- Select Save.