The product swap feature in Bold Subscriptions allows your customers to swap the products or variants in their current subscription from the "Manage Subscription" page.
Note: For more information about this feature, visit Product Swap Feature in Bold Subscriptions. This feature is not compatible with Recurring Cart style.
To set up the "Product Swap Feature", please follow these steps:
- From Shopify's admin, select Apps.
- Select Recurring Orders & Subscriptions by Bold.
- Select Subscriptions -> Subscriptions.
- Select Actions next to the subscription you would like to enable the product swap feature.
- Select Edit Subscription.
- Under "Step 2: Select Product(s)", select the Allow Swapping of Products checkbox to enable it.
- Select Save.
- If a customer on a prepaid subscription switches to a lower cost item they will not be refunded the difference.
- If they swap out for a more expensive product, you will see an order generate in Shopify that will indicate an additional charge was put through. The title of this order will be "Subscription Modification", and the note on the order will indicate which product was swapped.