The product swap feature in Recurring Orders allows your customers to swap the products or variants in their current subscription from the "Manage Subscription" page. For more information about this feature, visit Product Swap Feature in Recurring Orders.
Note: This feature is not compatible with Recurring Cart style.
To set up the product swap feature, follow these steps:
- From "Shopify Admin", select Apps.
- Select Recurring Orders & Subscriptions by Bold.
- Select Subscriptions.
- Select Edit next to the subscription you would like to enable the product swap feature.
- Under "Step 2: Select Product(s)", select the Allow Swapping of Products checkbox to enable it.
- Select Save.
- If a customer on a prepaid subscription switches to a lower cost item they will not be refunded the difference.
- If they swap out for a more expensive product, you will see an order generate in Shopify that will indicate an additional charge was put through. The title of this order will be "Subscription Modification", and the note on the order will indicate which product was swapped.