Bold Subscriptions does some internal automated actions when dynamic discounts are used. It restricts certain functionality when editing the customer's subscription by default. Those functions include Product Swap, Add Products, changing the subscription product price, and changing the product quantity.
You will see a small alert icon, which explains that "an automatic update is pending for this subscription. Until the update happens products and prices for future orders may be inaccurate."
If you need to edit the product or price of the discounted products in a dynamic subscription, please follow these steps:
- From Shopify's admin, select Apps.
- Select Recurring Orders & Subscriptions by Bold.
- Select Subscriptions, then Customers.
- Enter email address or name in the search to find the customer.
- Select Search.
- Select Edit next to the customer.
- Select the Alert icon.
- Select Remove.
- Select Remove selected transformations.
That's it! The initial and subscription discount functionality will be removed, and the product price will default to the current price. You can then adjust the product, quantity, or price. No automatic transformations will happen once you remove it, and it cannot be put back in place once removed.