Multi-Currency can only display currencies on your storefront and does not have the ability to convert currencies in Shopify's checkout by itself. If you have a grandfathered plan for Bold Cashier installed on your store, you can offer currency conversions on the checkout page.
Please visit Cashier & Multi-Currency Integration for more information on setting up this integration.
Multi-Currency gives you the ability to set exchange rate padding and offer a higher exchange rate than our real-time rates.
Exchange rate padding is only compatible with Bold Cashier's checkout. Product prices will revert to their original price with any other checkout.
To add exchange rate padding in Multi-Currency, please follow these steps:
- From Shopify's admin, select Apps.
- Select Multi-Currency.
- Under "Currencies", select the Gear Icon next to the currency you would like to add padding.
- Select Enable rate padding.
- Enter the Amount of Padding to apply.
- Select Percent (%) or Flat Rate ($).
- Select Save.
- Change the Default Currency
- Create Rounding Rules for a Currency
- Test Rounding Rules in Multi-Currency