Exchange rate padding is only compatible with Cashier's checkout. Product prices will revert to their original price with any other checkout.
Multi-Currency gives you the ability to set exchange rate padding and offer a higher exchange rate than our real-time rates.
To add exchange rate padding in Multi-Currency, follow these steps:
- From Shopify's admin, select Apps.
- Select Multi-Currency.
- Under "Currencies", select the Gear Icon next to the currency you would like to add padding.
- Select Enable rate padding.
- Enter the Amount of Padding to apply.
- Select Percent (%) or Flat Rate ($).
- Select Save.
- Change the Default Currency
- Create Rounding Rules for a Currency
- Test Rounding Rules in Multi-Currency