Multi-Currency can only display currencies on your storefront and does not have the ability to convert currencies in Shopify's checkout by itself. If you have a grandfathered plan for Bold Cashier and Bold Multi-Currency installed on your store, you can offer currency conversions on the checkout page.
Please visit Cashier & Multi-Currency Integration for more information on setting up this integration.
By default, Multi-Currency uses OpenExchange to pull real-time exchange rates to show to your customers. However, you're also able to set your own exchange rates.
The exchange rate rules are only compatible with Bold Cashier's checkout. Product prices will revert to their original price with any other checkout.
To use your own exchange rate in Multi-Currency, please follow these steps:
- From Shopify's admin, select Apps.
- Select Multi-Currency.
- Under "Currencies", select the Gear Icon next to the currency you would like to use your own exchange rate for.
- Select Use my own fixed exchange rate.
Enter the Dollar Amount to apply.
Note: This will depend on your default currency. The amount entered here will be the default currency equivalent to 1 dollar of the currency you are editing.
- Select Save.
- Create Rounding Rules for a Currency
- Add Exchange Rate Padding
- Test Rounding Rules in Multi-Currency