Setting up quantity based discounts on your products involves creating a Quantity Break groups. Here, you will select which products from your store you would like to offer Quantity Breaks on, as well as how much.
When the group is created, Quantity Breaks will generate app variants to represent the discounts that a customer would be eligible for when they place a certain quantity in their cart.
The Quantity Breaks (standalone) app is no longer available for new installations. If you are currently using Quantity Breaks (standalone), you will be able to continue using the app on a grandfathered plan.
Any new installs of the Quantity Break app will be redirected to Custom Pricing which has a Quantity Breaks plan available. For more information on Custom Pricing, please visit Custom Pricing: Information and Overview.
- From Shopify's admin, select Apps.
- Select Quantity Breaks.
- Select Quantity Breaks again.
- Select Create Quantity Break.
- Enter an Internal Name.
- Select a Discount Type.
- Fixed Price - Sets all selected products to a specific price.
- Percent Discount - Discounts all selected products by the specified percentage.
- Price Discount - Reduced all selected products by the specific number entered.
- Under "Apply Quantity Break", select an option:
- Apply Quantity Break per Variant (Discount applies per individual item) - Quantity break will apply to specific variants (ie. Buy 5 of the same large red shirt to get a price break).
- Apply Quantity Break across Group (Mix and match products for discount) - Quantity break will apply to a group of variants (ie. Buy any 5 shirts (any size, any colour) to receive price break).
- Apply Quantity Break across all Groups - Quantity Breaks will apply to all groups. Buy 5 products of group A and 5 products of group B and get the quantity break at 10 products with the price created in group B.
- Under "Step 2 - Configure Price Levels", enter Quantity.
Note: This is the quantity required to receive the discount.
- Enter Value (percent off per item).
- Select Add to add more price levels and repeat steps 8 - 10.
- Under "Step 3 - Select Products", select Select Products.
- Select ADD next to the product(s) the discount will apply to.
- Select Continue with selected products.
- Under "Step 4 - Configure Display", select how you would like the price grid to display.
- Select Create.