Ready to get started with Bold Bundles? Follow this comprehensive step-by-step guide and you will soon be ready to launch your bundle promotions.
To install Bold Bundles on your Shopify store, please follow these steps:
- Navigate to the Bold Bundles page in the Shopify app store.
- If it prompts you, enter your .myshopify.com URL.
- Accept the App Permissions, then select Install App.
- Select Start Free Trial to approve the future monthly charges.
Note: If you have previously installed the app, you will be prompted to pay the first month's fee right away.
- Read through and accept the terms and conditions.
Bold Bundles has two price plans which are currently available: The Basic plan, and Premium plan. For more information on the features included within these two plans, please visit our Bold Bundles app page.
When Bundles is installed to your store, it will default to the Basic plan.
To adjust which plan your store is currently on, please follow these steps:
- From within the Bold Bundles app, select Settings.
- Select Price Plan.
- Select either Activate Basic Features or Activate Premium Features.
- Select Approve subscription.
If your store is currently on a free trial, upgrading to the Premium plan will not affect this trial on your store.
Bold Bundles requires that Liquid code be added to your Shopify theme in order to work properly. This includes making sure that the bundle discounts properly reflect on the storefront, as well as the bundle widget appears correctly on product pages.
There are three options for completing this installation on your store:
- Automatic Install - This option automatically adds the Bold Bundles code to your theme.
- Expert Install - Have one of Bold's experts add the code to your store manually.
- Manual Install - View our step-by-step guide to manually add all of the Bold Bundles code to your theme.
For more information on completing each step, please visit our Bold Bundles Code Install Instructions article.
Bundles offers 3 different methods for applying its discounts to your bundle groups:
- Variant Dependant Method - With this method, Bundles creates a duplicate variant for each product/product variant added within a bundle group. These duplicate variants are an exact copy of the ones that already exist, but have the bundle discount you applied.
- Draft Order Method - With this method, a draft order is created and processed (with the bundle discount) when they select the checkout button.
- Accelerated Draft Order Method - With this method, a draft order is also created (with the bundle discount) and processed when they select the checkout button.
Each method offers various benefits and limitations based on their functionalities. You can decide which one will work best for your business. For more information on each discount method, please visit Discounting Methods & How-to Switch Methods in Bold Bundles.
By default, the Accelerated method is supplied on new installs of Bundles. If you have Bold Subscriptions or Bold Product Options (while on the premium plan) installed on your store, Bundles will use the Draft Order Method.
There are a few different ways that Bold Bundles allows you to create its groups on your site:
- Setting up groups of specific products that must be purchased together for your customers to receive a discount.
- Creating groups using collections of products where any item from each of the collections can be purchased together at a discounted rate.
- Building Buy X Get Y (BOGO) offer types where customers can purchase the X products to receive the Y items for free.
For more information on creating a bundle, please visit Create/Edit/Delete a Bundle.
Once the installation is complete, you will now be able to create a bundle group and test the functionality of a bundle on your storefront.
To get started on testing out the functionality of Bold Bundles, create and enable any type of bundle within Bold Bundles, add the bundle into the cart or add the quantity of products from a collection(s) into the cart (if using a Mix & Match or Buy/Get bundle type), and proceed into the checkout.
Once you are in the checkout, you should see the discounts via Bold Bundles appear either in brackets or via a hidden variant (depending on the discount method you are using in Bold Bundles):
Draft Order/Accelerated Draft Order:
After a bundle has been added into the checkout, simply add in your billing/shipping information and add a credit card to purchase the order. Once the order has been purchased, an order will be generated in your Shopify admin under the Orders section.
A bundle discount of 100% can be applied to a bundle group in Bold Bundles, however, a credit card will still be required on the checkout page to purchase the order.
Bold Bundles provides you with the flexibility to customize the app's display on your storefront.
This allows you to better match the design/colours of the app's bundle widget with your site's current styling.
For more information on styling bundles on the storefront, please visit Styling Settings in Bold Bundles.