By default, Recurring Orders will track three different events during the checkout process, but if you'd like to record more information when a successful order is placed, all you need to do is insert our advanced Google Analytics script.
Inserting our advanced custom script will track the following:
- Myshopify Domain
- Shopify Order #
- Order Total
- Shipping Total
- Tax Total
- Product Title
- Product Quantity
- Product Price
- And also record the regular Google Analytics "Successful Checkout" Event.
To successfully integrate this level of tracking, you must first enable Ecommerce within your Google Analytics dashboard and then paste in our provided script in the custom tracking scripts box.
This script is not compatible with Google Analytics Enhanced Ecommerce.
Visit the Google Analytics support article Set up Ecommerce Tracking, to review the steps required.
Before inserting this script, ensure that your Google Analytics ID has been inserted under the Google Analytics integration tab. Visit the Google Analytics and Advanced Tracking Scripts article for detailed instructions.
- Copy the analytics.js code.
- From "Shopify Admin", select Apps.
- Select Recurring Orders & Subscriptions by Bold.
- Select Settings.
- Select Integrations.
- Select Google Analytics.
- Under "Google Analytics Tracking ID", paste the Tracking ID you copied in step 2.
- Select Save.
- Select Advanced Tracking Scripts.
- Select the Enable Custom Tracking Scripts For Successful Purchases checkbox.
- Replace the default tracking script with the script copied in step 1. It does everything the default script would do plus the e-commerce tracking.
- Select Save.
Once you've made these changes, all initial recurring orders should be recorded in your Ecommerce Reports.
- Google Analytics - Cross Domain Tracking with Recurring Orders
- Configure Language Settings
- Configure Display Settings