To convert the add to cart button into a link that will direct the user to the Product Builder page, follow these steps:
- Create alternate template (links to Shopify).
- Find the add to cart button, it will generally look like this:
<input type="submit" name="add" class="btn" id="product-add-to-cart" value="Add to Cart">
- Make any changes:
- To change the text on the button, insert the new text in the value="" attribute.
- To prevent the button from adding the product to the cart and just link to the builder page, delete everything in the id="" and type="" attributes.
- To have the button link to the builder page, add an HTML <a href=""></a> tag around the button, and then put the builder's URL into the href="" attribute.
Here's an example with these modifications:
<a href="http://xxxx.com/apps/productbuilder/xxxx"><input type="" name="add" class="btn" id="" value="Builder Page"></a>
- Select Save.