Bold Brain gives you the ability to add recommendation widgets to your product pages. These widgets can show items related to the product a customer is viewing, frequently purchased products, recently added items, and many more.
The widgets are currently only available to clients on a paid plan tier. If you're still on a free plan tier after your trial period has ended, the app will stop displaying the widgets on your storefront. You won't be able to edit or view them on the store until a paid plan tier has been selected.
- From Shopify's admin, select Apps.
- Select Bold Brain.
- Select Widgets.
- Select Create New Widget.
- Select the Widget Type.
Note: Visit What do each of the widget types mean? to learn more about each of the widget types.
- Select a Backup Strategy.
Note: This will allow you to either fill the widget with other items or hide it if Brain is unable to associate enough products with the widget type.
- Adjust the Widget Title. (optional)
- Select the Number of Items. (optional)
- Select Allow Free Products. (optional)
- Select Display Add to Cart Button. (optional)
- Select the Background Color. (optional)
Note: A separate color selection modal will pop-up when you select the background color box.
- Select Save or Save And Install.
Note: Selecting Save And Install will automatically insert the widget's coding into your theme files and enable it on the storefront. Selecting Save will not place the widget on the storefront. You will need to install and activate it at a later time.
- To edit a recommendation widget, select the ellipsis beside the widget you want to adjust.
Note: If you're unable to edit your widgets, visit Why can't I edit my recommendation widgets? for more information.
- Select Edit.
- Adjust the widget settings accordingly.
Note: The widget type cannot be changed because of the statistics tracking that Brain provides for each widget. You need to create a new widget to change its type.
- Select Save.