Custom Pricing can control how your pricing discounts work on your storefront in 3 different ways:
- Variant Dependant Method (Version 1)
- Draft Order Method (Standard - Version 2)
- Accelerated Method (Version 3)
The Variant Dependant Method creates variants for each of the pricing levels you offer to your customers.
The Draft Order Method builds your customer's order as they shop, then sends them to a special checkout with their respective discount.
The Accelerated Method is similar to the Draft Orders Method, but offers even faster discount processing along with the ability to integrate with Bold Cashier.
Each method offers various benefits and limitations based on their functionalities. You can decide which one will work best for your business.
To switch discount methods in Custom Pricing, please follow these steps:
- From Shopify's admin, select Apps.
- Select Customer Pricing (Wholesale & VIP Pricing).
- Select Settings, then General.
- Navigate to "Discount Methods" and select Switch To This Method on the discount mode you wish to use.
Note: Your product pricing groups will automatically re-sync after the discount method is changed. This may take some time depending on how many products are in these groups.