To accept PayPal in your Multi-Currency checkout, create subaccounts in your Braintree account for the different currencies and connect them to Cashier.
Braintree Payments is a PayPal service; it supports PayPal as well as credit card payments. To accept PayPal, you must have a PayPal Business Account.
To set up PayPal through Braintree in Bold Cashier, follow these steps:
Sign up for a Braintree Payments Production (not Sandbox) account.
Note: It's essential to make sure you set your currency the same for each of your accounts.
Log into your Braintree Payments Account.
- Select Account.
- Select My User.
- Select View Authorizations.
- In another browser, from "Shopify Admin", select Apps.
- Select Bold Cashier.
- Select SETTINGS.
- Select Payment Information.
- Select Connect Gateway.
- Select Connect Gateway next to "Braintree Credit Card" of "Braintree Paypal".
- From the browser with Braintree open, copy the Merchant ID and paste it into the Merchant ID field in Cashier.
- From the browser with Braintree open, copy the Public Key and paste it into the Public Key field in Cashier.
- From the browser with Braintree open, copy the Private Key and paste it into the Private Key field in Cashier.
- Select OK.
Note: If using PayPal, Enable it in Braintree.
Once Braintree and PayPal Business is set up, it may be up to two days before PayPal will approve the link between Braintree and PayPal.
- Create a Discount Code in Cashier
- Create a Gift Card in Cashier
- Customize the Abandoned Cart Emails in Cashier