To set up PayPal through Braintree in Bold Cashier, please follow these steps:
- Sign up for a Braintree Payments Production (not Sandbox) account.
Note: It's essential to make sure you set your currency the same for each of your accounts.
Log into your Braintree Payments Account.
- Copy and paste the "Merchant ID", "Public Key", and "Private Key" into a notepad.
Note: These screenshots were taken from a development environment. Some of the verbiage may differ from a production account.
- Select the account icon in the top right corner.
- Select My User.
- Select View Authorizations.
- Select Generate New Tokenization Key, then copy and paste the generated code into a notepad.
- Select Business.
- Select New Merchant Account.
- Name your Merchant Account ID, choose the currency you want to use with this account and select Save.
- Copy and paste the generated "Merchant Account ID" into a notepad.
- From Shopify's Admin, select Apps.
- Select Bold Cashier.
- Select Payment Options, then Payment Gateways.
- Select Connect Gateway.
- Select Connect Gateway next to "Braintree Credit Card" or "Braintree Paypal".
- Copy and paste the information, from your notepad, into the appropriate fields and select OK.
Note: If you're using PayPal, Enable it in Braintree.
Once Braintree and PayPal Business is set up, it may be up to two days before PayPal will approve the link between Braintree and PayPal.
- Create a Discount Code in Cashier
- Create a Gift Card in Cashier
- Customize the Abandoned Cart Emails in Cashier