There may be times where you come across an issue where a feature isn’t working as expected in Bold Subscriptions. While some issues may be corrected after making a few easy changes on your end, other issues may require you to reach out to our Customer Success team.
This guide will address some common issues that you may come across with Bold Subscriptions and some steps that may be taken to resolve them.
If you are currently using Safari version 13.0.5 as your default browser, you may experience an error when trying to create or make changes to your subscription groups.
The error message may look something like this:
To resolve this error, please try making the subscription changes on a different browser such as Chrome.
There are a couple reasons why you may not be able to swap a product.
- Your customer must use the same currency as your store's currency. Swapping will be disabled if your customer is using a currency which is different from your store currency.
- Products must belong to the same subscription group in order to be swapped. If you would like to allow your customer to swap a product from another subscription group, you can change the subscription group it belongs to. For instructions on how to change the product’s subscription group, please visit Subscription Management: Merchant Perspective.
To ensure your customer can add a product to their subscription, you will need to:
- Enable the setting to allow this.
- Ensure your customer is using the same currency as your store's currency.
- Have the product available for subscription.
For more information on how you can allow your customers to add products to their existing subscriptions, please visit Subscription Management: Customer Perspective > Add a Product to an Existing Subscription.
If the product doesn't belong to an existing subscription group, but you'd still like to allow your customer to add it to their existing subscription, you can add the product on their behalf. To see how this is done, please visit Subscription Management: Merchant Perspective > Add a Product to an Existing Subscription.
If your customer is seeing an error when trying to add a product to their subscription, please view the troubleshooting step below, under I am seeing an error when trying to add a product to an existing subscription.
The following message: Error adding the product to your subscription, may appear if your store does not have an eligible shipping rate for the new subscription total.
Please ensure you have an eligible shipping rate for the new total once the product is added to the existing subscription.
If you do have an eligible shipping rate and you are still seeing this error, please reach out to our Customer Success team.
If your customer is unable to log into their account, please make sure you have customer accounts enabled on your store. The Customer Portal resides inside the BigCommerce customer account area. If your BigCommerce customer accounts are disabled or hidden, your customer will not be able to log into the Customer Portal.
If your customer is able to log in but they are not seeing the Customer Portal page, this could mean the page has not yet been created. For information on how to correct this, please visit Customer Portal Setup.