- Spend $100 or more get product X free.
- Buy something from a certain collection get 50% off item X.
- BOGO - Buy One Get One (free, half price etc...).
Note: Gift cards can't be set up as free products due to the way Shopify's API works.
You can set up an offer like this by following these steps:
- Visit Create a Discount with Product Discount to create a discount and use the app's "duplicate and hide" functionality. This will cause the app to duplicate the product, apply the discount (up to 100%), and hide it so it's not accessible on the storefront.
Note: This requires the Duplicate & Hide Liquid Code Installation.
- Visit Create an Upsell Offer to:
- Choose the duplicated and hidden item you created in step 1,
- offer it in a pop window and
- set the conditions in which that item is offered.
You can also do this with Sales Motivator. With the premium version, you can have a free gift added to the cart when a customer spends a certain amount.
- Introducing "True Upsells" for Shopify
- Problem Solved: Creating upsell BOGO offers on Shopify
- How to use cross-sells and upsells to increase revenue on Shopify
- 9 upselling techniques to explode your average order value
- How to create simple upsells on Shopify
- Why upsells AFTER checkout on Shopify will be your highest converting click