With Product Builder, you can set up a product customizer for your products that allows customers to select from groups of options in a step-by-step manner. Each selection can be set up with an image or in form style using drop-down menus or text inputs. Steps can even be conditionally shown or hidden depending upon prior selections. A special feature is the ability to show a unique preview image based on the combination of prior selections.
When you set up a builder, you will create a new page for your store where the setup will take place. Steps and selections for each step are created in the app admin. Aside from displaying basic information as a title and description, each selection can have a price and image attached to it. After the steps are set up there is the option to generate image scenarios for each combination where a unique preview image that you upload will show depending upon which combination of selections were made.
$60 per month
Yes, visit Product Builder Install Instructions for a step-by-step guide. If you would like us to install the liquid for you there is a $40 install fee.
- Product Builder comes with a free 30-day trial. If you remove it within this time period you won't be charged.
- Product Options Premium and Product Builder are similar in functionality as both apps are a type of product customizer.
- At least one selection from any step needs to have a variant attached within the app admin for the built item to be placed in the cart. Usually, it's best to have every selection in a particular step have a variant selected so the customer will always have a variant linked selection.
- When uploading an image the image must have the exact dimensions specified for your builder theme otherwise the image won't be uploaded.
- Priced selections must have an existing product from your Shopify store linked to it in order to change the price of the built product. If you don't want this product showing up separately in your storefront you could use the "duplicate and hide" feature to make a hidden duplicate which could still be used with Product Builder.
- Like with all app installs, the install will only work with the active theme. Each theme has its own set of liquid files, and when it's changed the install will have to be completed again on the new theme.
Visit Troubleshooting for help with the most common issues.