You can use inventory or SKUs with Product Options 2.0 Premium by following these steps:
- Follow the Affect Pricing (Premium) steps to set up options with prices.
Note: Ensure you enter a price in this step, it can be set to zero later.
- From "Shopify Admin", select Apps.
- Select Product Options by Bold.
- Select Options.
- Select Edit next to the option set you created in Step 1.
- Select Edit next to the option that affects the pricing.
- Select View in store to edit.
- Scroll down to "Variants" and enter a SKU in the appropriate field (repeat for each SKU).
- Select Save.
- Within Product Options, repeat steps 7 - 9 for each option you would like to add an SKU.
- Select Settings (optional).
Note: If you want to allow the customer to purchase without inventory tracking, you can skip steps 11 - 14.
- Select Display Settings (optional).
- Select Enable inventory checking (optional).
- Select Save.
Limitations of Inventory Tracking
- If you link an existing variant to an option, it will always charge the same amount that the variant costs in Shopify.
- You are not able to link an already existing variant to track inventory on an option and change the price for the option. If you wanted to track inventory on an already existing variant but have a different price than the product, you would have to create a new variant with the price you are wanting and track inventory on it.
- Add a Tooltip to Product Options
- Change the Order of Options in Product Options
- Customize the Display in Product Options