The product selector will dynamically load up the stores entire list of products, which will be categorized in the "results" section by pages. You're able to select products individually, by a filter criteria (e.g., collection), by selecting the entire store, or even by individual variant (only some apps).
Selecting Products one at a time
- In the product selector, go to the "results" section.
- Find the product you wish to select from the list.
- Click on the products respective "add" button.
- Click on the "Save" button in the lower right hand corner.
Selecting Products using filters
- Select a filter criteria, such as a specific selection in the "custom collection" dropdown menu.
- Click on the search button to filter the results.
To add individual products from the filtered results, find the product in the list and click on it's associated "add" button. Then click on the "Save" button in the lower right hand corner.
If you want to select the entire list of filtered results, click on the "Select All Search Results" button. Note that clicking this button will automatically close the product selector.
Adding new products to an old selection
How this is done depends upon how you selected the products previously.
If you selected the products individually without pressing the "Select All Search Results" button, then you'd be able to simply individually select the new products from the list of results, just like before.
If you selected the products by using the "Select All Search Results" button (such as if you used a filter and selected the filtered results), then when you open up the product selector the "selected products" section will be empty (this is done to reduce processing time). It's important to note that any new selection won't be added to the previous selection, but will REPLACE it entirely. So if you want to include a new product in a selection, you'd need to have that new product as part of the search criteria. For example, if you previous filtered by a collection and then selected all of those results, you'd need to put that product in that collection in Shopify, and then filter by that collection and select the results again. The selection will then be updated to include that new product.
If you selected the entire store and you want to include a new product in this selection, you'd just need to select the "Use Entire Store" button again.
How do I select a variant of a product?
- Inside the product selector, uncheck the checkbox labelled "Group variants by products" (as pointed out in the image below).
- Click on the "search" button to refresh the list of results with the new filtering criteria. The individual variants of each product will now be in the "Results" section as it's own line.
- Click on the "add" button for the variant that you want to select.
Please note that this functionality is only available for Product Upsell, Quantity Breaks, and Customer Pricing.
Now the product variants should be accessible!