With Custom Pricing Premium you can set up rules that will automatically apply a tag when certain conditions are met. You can set up auto-tag rules based on the number of orders made or amount of money spent (based on that account's purchase history in your Shopify store).
New customers, with a customer account and no previous tags, will be auto-tagged when the conditions you set up have been met.
Note: Auto-tag rules can be ranked by priority. If the new tag ranks higher than the older one, the new one will replace the older tag. If the new tag ranks lower than the old tag, the new tag doesn't get applied. Visit What happens to previously applied tags after an account is auto-tagged? (Premium Feature) for more information.
There are currently three types of auto-tagging rules:
- By History: The amount you enter in the tag settings will be compared against the customer's total amount spent. If they meet or exceed that amount, their account will be tagged with the corresponding customer tag.
- By Product: When a customer purchases the selected product, their account will be tagged. However, it's worth noting that they will not receive their discount on this order, if it is the first time they are purchasing the product. The tag is only added after the initial purchase is made.
- By Country: The customer will be tagged based on the address they enter for their customer account.
To set up auto-tag rules, please follow these steps.
- Create a Customer Pricing Tag.
- Apply a Customer Pricing Tag to Products.
- From Shopify's admin, select Apps.
- Select Bold Custom Pricing (Wholesale & Quantity Breaks).
- Select Manage Tags.
- Select the edit button beside your desired tag.
- Select By History on the "Auto-Tagging Rules".
- Select Modify.
- Select the condition.
- Select is equal to, is less than or is greater than.
Enter a Dollar amount or Order Amount.
- Select the plus symbol.
- Repeat steps 8-11 until all your conditions are satisfied for this tag.
- Select Done.
Note: Your Auto-tag has been added. You can select Modify again if you would like to confirm it was added successfully.
- Create a Customer Pricing Tag
- Create Product Groups
- Apply a Customer Pricing Tag to a Customer Account