Upsell works with Shopify's checkout to give you the ability to create post-purchase cross-sells. You can also offer a discount with this type of offer.
If your customer accepts the offer, the offer is processed in the same transaction as the original purchase without the need for your customer to re-enter their payment information.
This article will guide you, step-by-step, on how to properly create a Post Purchase offer.
For more information on creating a Post Purchase offer, please see the video or follow the step-by-step setup guide below.
- From within the Shopify admin, navigate to Settings > Checkout.
- In the Post-purchase page section, select Bold Upsell.
- Navigate to the Upsell admin, select Offers > Create Offer.
- Enter an internal name for your offer.
- Select Set A Trigger, then Post purchase Pop-up.
Note If a warning appears, you can dismiss it if you have already completed step 1 and 2 as shown above.
- Under Trigger products, select one of the two options:
Trigger an upsell on specific products- This option allows you to select specific products to act as the trigger product. If this option is selected, proceed to step #7.
Note If a collection is selected, the collection must contain under 5000 products. A collection of 5000 products or more will cause an error.
- Trigger an upsell on every product - This option will set all products on your store as a trigger for the offer. If this option is selected, skip to step #9.
- Trigger an upsell on specific products- This option allows you to select specific products to act as the trigger product. If this option is selected, proceed to step #7.
- Choose Select Products, and select Add next to the product you would like to trigger the offer.
Note You can select all of your products by clicking SELECT ALL RESULTS above the search results. To select individual variants, deselect the checkbox next to the Group variants by products text, then select Search again. For ease of viewing, it is recommended to choose products with 10 or fewer variants as they will display in a single drop down.
- Optional: Enter a Trigger quantity.
Note This will only show the offer if your customer has a certain amount of products in the cart.
- Select Set An Offer.
- Select a Title and Description using the dropdowns.
Note Custom Titles and Descriptions are not available for this option due to Shopify's App Requirements.
- Choose Select Products, and select Add next to the product you would like to offer.
Note Only one offer product can be shown in this offer type.
- Select Continue with selected products.
- Optional: Enable Offer customers an after checkout discount.
Note This allows you to enter a discount by percent: % or fixed amount: $.
- Optional: Enable Allow customers to set quantities in the offer.
- Optional: Select Set Date Range and enter your Start Date and End Date.
- Optional: Select Set Cart Price and enter a Min cart total and Max cart total.
- Optional: Select any of the Additional Options.
- Select Save Offer.