Product Options premium can prevent a product that is linked to an option selection from being added to the cart, if the linked product doesn't have any stock in it.
When this functionality is turned on and the product is out of stock, a message will display on the screen informing the user that the option product is out of stock. The user will be prevented from adding anything to the cart.
Note: This is a Premium feature. Visit Change Your Price Plan in Product Options for more information on how to upgrade.
To enable this, please follow these steps:
- From Shopify's admin, select Apps.
- Select Product Options by Bold.
- Select Settings.
- Select Display Settings.
- Scroll down to "Inventory Checking", and select the Enable inventory checking checkbox.
- Enter an Out of stock message.
- Enter a Not enough inventory for order message.
- Select Save.