- Before you begin, ensure that all store products have a SKU entered.
- You will need to be on the Premium Custom Pricing Plan ($49.99/month) for this functionality.
- Stores that are using Custom Pricing with the Quantity Breaks module enabled should follow Bulk Import Prices with Quantity Breaks into Custom Pricing to correctly import these prices.
To bulk import prices into Custom Pricing, please follow these steps:
- From Shopify's admin, select Products.
- Select Export.
- Under "Export", select All products.
- Under "Export as", select CSV for Excel, Numbers, or other spreadsheet programs.
Select Export products.
Note: This will be emailed to you, you will need to select the link and download it to your computer to continue.
- Select the CSV file and open with Excel or comparable software.
- Delete all columns, except:
- Variant SKU
- Variant Price
To the right of the Variant Price column, add additional columns for each customer price group (tag).
Note: If you have one tag (ie. Wholesale), add one column. If you have three tags (ie. Gold, Silver Bronze), add three columns.
Enter the exact price for each variant in the corresponding cell.
Note: You can use regular spreadsheet formulas. For example: If the variant price is in cell C2, and the wholesale price is 25% off the variant price, is to appear in cell D2, a formula of =C2*.75 can be entered in cell E2. If you don’t want a price for a specific tag/variant combination, leave that cell blank.
- Delete Variant Price Column.
- Select Save.
- From Shopify's admin, select Apps.
- Select Bold Custom Pricing (Wholesale & Quantity Breaks).
- Select Import/Export.
- Select Choose File.
- Select the CSV file.
- Select Open.
- Select Upload.
- Select the CSP Attribute that corresponds to each "File Column".
- Select Start Importing.
Note: The app will start the process of creating the pricing variants. Depending on the number of products and variants that need to be created, this can take some time to complete. A general rule of thumb is about 1 hour per 1000 variants.
- Create a Customer Pricing Tag
- Create Product Groups
- Apply a Customer Pricing Tag to a Customer Account