Custom Pricing provides you with the flexibility of bulk importing your wholesale discounts through a spreadsheet file. Uploading this file bypasses having to set up the pricing discounts from within the app's admin.
Using the Shopify product export feature (links to Shopify) and a spreadsheet editing program (ie Excel, Google Sheets, etc.), you're able to set specific discounts for each of your price tiers and products.
To bulk import prices into Custom Pricing, please follow these steps:
- Before you begin, ensure that all store products have a SKU entered.
- You will need to be on the Premium Custom Pricing Plan ($59.99/month) for this functionality.
- Stores that are using Custom Pricing with the Quantity Breaks module enabled should follow the Bulk Import Prices with Quantity Breaks into Custom Pricing guide to correctly import these prices.
- From Shopify's admin, select Products.
- Select Export.
- Under "Export", select All products.
- Under "Export as", select CSV for Excel, Numbers, or other spreadsheet programs.
Select Export products.
Note: This will be emailed to you, you will need to select the link and download it to your computer to continue.
- Select the CSV file and open with Excel or comparable software.
- Delete all columns, except:
- Variant SKU
- Variant Price
To the right of the Variant Price column, add additional columns for each customer price group (tag).
Note: If you have one tag (ie. Wholesale), add one column. If you have three tags (ie. Gold, Silver Bronze), add three columns.
Enter the exact price for each variant in the corresponding cell.
Note: You can use regular spreadsheet formulas. For example: If the variant price is in cell C2, and the wholesale price is 25% off the variant price, is to appear in cell D2, a formula of =C2*.75 can be entered in cell E2. If you don’t want a price for a specific tag/variant combination, leave that cell blank.
- Delete Variant Price Column.
- Select Save.
- From Shopify's admin, select Apps.
- Select Bold Custom Pricing (Wholesale & Quantity Breaks).
- Select Import/Export.
- Select Choose File.
- Select the CSV file.
- Select Open.
- Select Import.
- Select the attribute that corresponds to each column..
- Select Upload.
Note: The app will start the process of creating the pricing variants. Depending on the number of products and variants that need to be created, this can take some time to complete. A general rule of thumb is about 1 hour per 1000 variants.
- Your wholesale product pricing tiers should be verified to ensure that your customers are receiving the correct discount when they log into their account. Visit Verify Your Custom Pricing Install (Steps 6-10) for more information.
- Change Your Price Plan in Custom Pricing
- Export Products (links to Shopify)
- Microsoft Excel
- Google Sheets