Product Builder allows you the ability to showcase a preview of the image your customers are building, as they build it. You can upload images for this preview manually, or in bulk/in batches.
As of February 19th, 2021, Product Builder is unavailable for new installations. If you are currently using Product Builder, you will be able to continue using the app as your account will now be grandfathered.
Before attempting the bulk image import, it is recommended calculating the total number of image scenarios. To do this, simply multiply the number of options within each step together.
Step 1: 8 options
Step 2: 3 options
Step 3: 9 options
Step 4: 5 options
8 x 3 x 9 x 5 = 1,080 image previews
If your possible number of image scenarios is over 100,000, the bulk image import will not work properly.
Please contact our Merchant Success team if you have any questions, or if your possible number of image scenarios reaches 10,000.
Before you can batch import your images, you will need to upload and host them first. We recommend uploading them to your Shopify Store.
- From the Shopify admin, select Settings.
- Select Files.
- Select Upload files.
- Select the files you would like to upload.
- Select Open.
- View the File URLs.
Note: Your URLs will look something like this: https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/XXXX/YYYY/files/filename.jpgZZZZZZ. XXXX and YYYY are identifiers for your Shopify store and you will need them later. ZZZZZ is a timestamp, however, and you will not need this information.
- Create a New Product Builder Page.
- Add Conditions to Your Product Builder.
- Assign Images to Your Product Builder.
Note: On Step 6, once you have received the email to let you know the image scenarios have generated, follow these steps instead.
- Select Export Builder.
- Select a Product Builder to export.
- Select Export Product Builder.
Note: You will receive an email with the export files once the export is complete. When you receive this email, you can continue with Step 7.
- Select the link to download the file.
- Select Show in folder to view the file.
- Right-click on the file and select Extract All.
- Select Extract.
- Open builder_scenarios.csv and builder_scenarios_images.csv.
- Copy Columns A, B, and C from builder_scenarios.csv.
- Insert three columns as Column A, B, and C in builder_scenarios_images.csv.
- Paste the copied columns into the newly created columns.
- In the Order Id column, enter 1 in all used rows.
- Enter the URL to the corresponding image for each scenario. The URL will be the first part of the URL mentioned in step 1 (https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/XXX/YYYY/files/). An image called image1.jpg would have a complete URL of https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/XXX/YYYY/files/image1.jpg.
Note: You will need to refer to the Scenario Key column within the builder_scenarios CSV to understand which image URL goes in which cell.
- Select Save.
- Create a new ZIP file from these files by selecting and then compressing using the option in the right-click menu. The extract must contain only the .CSV files.
- Within the Product Builder app admin, select Import Builder.
- Select Choose File.
- Select Import Product Builder.