To batch add images to Product Builder, please follow these steps:
Before attempting the bulk image import, calculate your total number of image scenarios. Multiply the number of options within each step together.
- Step 1: 8 options
- Step 2: 3 options
- Step 3: 9 options
- Step 4: 5 options
8 x 3 x 9 x 5 = 1,080 (Number of Image Previews)
The bulk image import will work in most cases but if your possible number of image scenarios is over 100,000; the bulk image import may not work properly. If you have any questions, please contact our Merchant Success team.
Before you can batch import your images, you need to store them somewhere online. We recommend uploading them to your Shopify Store. To do this, please follow these steps:
- From Shopify's admin, select Settings.
- Select Files.
- Select Upload files.
- Select the files you would like to upload.
- Select Open.
- View the File URLs.
Note: Your URLs will look something like this: https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/XXXX/YYYY/files/filename.jpgZZZZZZ. XXXX and YYYY are identifiers for your Shopify store. You will need them later. ZZZZZ is a timestamp. You won't need this, ignore this.
To complete a batch import of images, please follow these steps:
- Create a New Product Builder Page.
- Add Conditions to Your Product Builder.
- Assign Images to Your Product Builder.
Note: At step 6, once you have received the email to let you know the image scenarios have generated, follow these steps instead.
- Select Export Builder.
- Please choose a Product Builder to export.
- Select Export Product Builder.
Note: You will receive an email with the export files once the export is complete. When you receive this email, you can continue with Step 7.
- Select the link to download the file.
- Select Show in folder to view the file.
- Right-click on the file and select Extract All.
- Select Extract.
- Open builder_scenarios.csv and builder_scenarios_images.csv.
- Copy Columns A, B, and C from "builder_scenarios.csv".
- Insert three columns as Column A, B, and C in "builder_scenarios_images.csv".
- Paste the copied columns into the newly created columns.
- In the "Order Id" column, enter 1 in all used rows.
- Enter the URL to the corresponding image for each scenario. The URL will be the first part of the URL mentioned in step 1 (https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/XXX/YYYY/files/). An image called image1.jpg would have a complete URL of https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/XXX/YYYY/files/image1.jpg.
Note: You will need to refer to the "Scenario Key" column in builder_scenarios CSV to understand which image URL goes in which cell.
- Select Save.
- Create a new zip file from these files by selecting them and then compressing using the option in the right-click menu. The extract must contain only the .csv files.
- Back within the Product Builder app, select Import Builder.
- Select Choose File.
- Select Import Product Builder.