If you update the price of a product in Shopify that has current subscriptions, it will not change the price of the subscription for existing subscribers. This feature protects your customers from unexpected pricing changes.
Note: If you only want to raise the price for new subscribers and keep your existing customers on an older price, you do not need to do this.
If you want to adjust the price for existing subscribers, please follow these steps:
- From Shopify's admin, select Apps.
- Select Recurring Orders & Subscriptions by Bold.
- Select Tools, then Manage Pricing.
- Choose Select Product.
- Select ADD next to the product you would like to adjust the price.
- Select Continue with selected product.
- Select Set Fixed Price or Price Modifier +/-.
- Enter Total $ Amount or select the Amount to increase or decrease the price.
Note: If you chose fixed price, the amount you enter here would be the exact amount the customer is charged so be sure to take into account any discounts you had offered on the product.
- Select Update Pricing.