How Sales Motivator Works
The Motivator app motivates customers to spend more by showing them a message of how much more they need in the cart in order reach a particular goal.
The premium version will additionally allow you to select a product to offer for free if the goal is reached. It will also allow you to conditionally show the motivator message based on time and location.
Sales Motivator has 2 plans; Standard and Premium.
- Standard: $4.99 per month
- Premium: $9.99 per month
Billing is handled by Shopify, with app charges added to the shop’s monthly Shopify invoice. Plans can be upgraded / downgraded within the app.
Is there a free trial?
Once you add the app from Shopify's App Store, you automatically start with a fully functional 30-day free trial. The trial period applies to both the standard and premium plans.
Any additional costs?
(Premium only) Our team would be happy to install the code for you. Unfortunately though we do have to pay them :-)
For $10, our Support Wizards will insert the code into the theme files. To request the install, just click the Need Help? > Liquid Installation tabs within the app and follow the instructions. Don't forget to create a staff account for us. ;-)
Based on the app plan, some code may need to be added to the theme files.
On the standard plan, the app works out of the box. No additional code is needed in the theme files.
On the premium plan, the app can create a copy of a product, discount it 100%, making it free. To make things work as designed within Shopify, some code needs to be added to the theme files. With the code added, the free product is visually hidden in the store website.
Changing or Updating themes?
The code install is theme-specific. Changing to a new theme will require the code to be re-installed all over.
Unlike software updates, which fill in the new pieces, Shopify theme updates are a fresh copy of the theme, which will result in any app codes, or other custom modifications made to the theme being removed.
- With all app installs, the install will only work with that particular theme. Each theme has its own set of liquid files, and when its changed the install will have to be completed again on the new theme.
- Welcome message appears once per visitor, about once every 24 hours
- A page reload is needed to update and display the remaining amount, so adding a product to the cart on a theme with an AJAX add to cart function won't immediately trigger the message.
- The app isn't able to modify the cost of shipping in any way.
The most common issues can be found here.