There are two ways to use Google Analytics with Recurring Orders, Basic and Advanced. With the basic tracking you will be using the Tracking ID provided by Google Analytics and will be tracking three events automatically. Those events are:
- Entering Address - This event is triggered when a customer lands on the recurring checkout page.
- Entering Payment Information - This event is triggered when a customer is entering their credit card information and selecting a shipping rate.
- Successful Checkout - This event is triggered when a customer is finished checking out and lands on the “Thank You Page”.
To set up Google Analytics in Recurring Orders, follow these steps:
- Set up a Google Analytics Account.
- Copy your Tracking ID.
Note: This will look like this: UA-XXXXXXXX-Y. If you prefer you can copy your custom tracking script. If you already have a Google Analytics account, you can get the tracking ID by navigating to: Admin -> Tracking Info -> Tracking Code.
- From “Shopify Admin”, select Apps.
- Select Recurring Orders & Subscriptions by Bold.
- Select Settings.
- Select Integrations.
- Select the Google Analytics tab.
- Under “Google Analytics Tracking ID”, paste the Tracking ID you copied in step 2.
Note: If you prefer to use a custom tracking script, select the “Tracking Scripts” tab, select the Enable Custom Tracking Scripts For Successful Purchases checkbox and paste the script you copied in step 2 in the box provided and customize to your needs.
- Select Save.
You can view these statistics in your Google Analytics account by following these steps:
- Log in to your Google Analytics Account.
- Select Behavior.
- Select Events.
- Select Top Events.
- Select the “Primary Dimension” Event Action.