Custom Pricing integrates with Bold Memberships to give you with the ability to offer product discounts to customers who are signed up as members.
When subscribing to a membership plan created in Bold Memberships, your customers are automatically marked with a tag associated with the membership plan. This same tag can be used in Custom Pricing to offer discounts. Custom Pricing reads this tag to display the discounted product prices to your logged in plan members.
Custom Pricing creates the price discounts, while Memberships provides access to the plans.
Bold Memberships also provides many other features allowing you to offer exclusive content to your members only, and more. For more information, please visit Bold Memberships Pricing & Overview.
To set up a Custom Pricing discount for your plan members in Bold Memberships, please follow the steps below.
Note It is important to make sure the Liquid code is installed for both the discounts and plans to work correctly. Please refer to both the Installation Guide for Custom Pricing and the Installation Guide for Bold Memberships.
Step 1. Set up the Tag & Discount in Custom Pricing
- From within Custom Pricing, select Manage Tags.
- Select Add Tag and enter a name for your tag.
Note You can enter any name you would like for the tag, just be sure to record this tag for later. You'll need to enter the exact same tag name in Memberships when creating your plan.
- Optional: Enter a Default Discount.
Note This is a placeholder discount percentage that is added in price groups, and is used when the discount storewide toggle is enabled. If you prefer to create different discounts for select products only, please visit Create, Edit, or Delete Product Pricing Groups to hand select your products and discounts.
- Select Yes or No to charge tax.
- Optional: Select an Auto-tag rule.
- Enter a Description.
- Optional: Enable Apply discount storewide.
Note If you prefer to create different discounts for select products only, please visit Create, Edit, or Delete Product Pricing Groups to hand select your products and discounts.
- Select Save.
Step 2. Create the Membership Plan
Note Bold Memberships requires a connection to an active Stripe account in order to accept payments for paid plans. Please refer to Set up Bold Memberships for full setup instructions.
- From within Bold Memberships, select Plans.
- Select Create New Plan.
- Enter a Plan Name.
- Enter the Plan Tag.
Note This is the tag that must match the one created in Step 1.2 above. These tags are case-sensitive and must match each other exactly in order for the integration to work.
- Enter a Plan Description.
- Optional: Select Edit Access Denied Message to change the text.
- Optional: Select Enable Trial? and enter a number of Days to enable a free trial.
- Optional: Select Enable Email Verification? (Adds an additional input field for users to confirm the email address entered on the membership signup widget).
- Enter Cycle Pricing to set the fee for this plan.
- Select a Billing Cycle (Weekly, Monthly, Quarterly, or Yearly).
- Enter How many payments.
Note Deselect Forever and enter a number in the box to the left of it to limit the number of payments to a specific number. Leave Forever selected to have the payments continue until the subscriber cancels.
- Select the Checkmark to add this billing option.
- Optional: Select Add Billing Option to add another option.
- Repeat Steps 17 - 21 until you have added all billing options.
- Select Add Registration Field to collect additional information from your subscribers.
Note First name, last name, and email address automatically appear, so they don't need to be added with registration fields.
- Optional: Select Add Rule to add rules to the plan.
Note This can be used to show specific products, collections, etc. to these members only. The plan rules are set from the perspective of a member. This means that if you want to hide content from non-members, you need to create a Show rule for the respective content.
- Select Save near the top right corner or lower left corner of the page.
After the membership plan has been saved and the discounts are activated in Custom Pricing, you can test out the membership rules and discounts applied from Custom Pricing by inviting yourself to a free membership plan.
If the wholesale discounts are not present on the storefront or in the checkout page while logged in with an active membership, please visit Troubleshooting with Bold Custom Pricing for more information on resolving these issues on your storefront.