Bold Motivator's goals are the monetary goals you set to have the app display on your storefront. These then show your customers how much product they need to purchase in order to reach the goal.
To create a Motivator goal, please follow these steps:
- From Shopify's admin, select Apps.
- Select Sales Motivator.
- Select GOALS.
- Select Create a new goal.
- Under "Step 1 - The Goal Amount", enter the CART TOTAL (dollar amount) required to reach the goal.
- Under "Step 2 - Make the Pitch!", enter the INITIAL MESSAGE (your sales pitch).
Note: The message will display approximately once every 24 hours. If a customer visits during the day and comes back later the same day, it is assumed the shopper saw the pitch message and does not need to be reminded of it. The message will display to the same visitor if they view the site from a different browser or if their browser cookies have been cleared.
- Under "Step 3 - Follow Up!", enter the text you wish to appear BEFORE THE BALANCE and AFTER THE BALANCE.
- Under "Step 4 - Congrats they did it!", enter a CONFIRMATION message.
Complete optional features: Geolocating, Scheduling and Free Product Offer (premium version only).
- Select Save.
- Geolocating - Goals can be targeted to customers visiting the site from different countries. One example is to offer free shipping to Canadian customers when they spend $100, and free shipping to US customers when they spend $150. Visitors from Canada would only see the goal to spend $100; US customers would only see their offer to spend $150.
- Scheduling extends the functionality to set the date and time for the motivator offer to display. This feature uses the time zone setting of the shop, defined in the Shopify admin settings.
- Free Product Offer - When the spending goal is reached, a free product will be automatically added to the cart. When the offer is turned on, a copy of the product selected will be automatically created, and priced at 0.00, thus making it free. The product will be removed from the store when the offer is turned off.