To affect pricing with Product Options, follow these steps:
- From "Shopify Admin", select Apps.
- Select Product Options by Bold.
- Select Frontend Settings.
- Select Create New Options.
- Enter INTERNAL NAME.
- Enter PUBLIC NAME.
Note: Each option must have a unique public name.
- Enter HELP TEXT.
- Select OPTION TYPE.
- Add Value to display within the “Option Type”.
- Select Not Effect to change to Affect.
- Select Select Variant or Enter a Price.
- Select Save Value when all options have been entered.
- Repeat steps 10 and 11 until all values have been added.
- Select Save and assign to products.
What the app does from here is create a product labelled "OPTIONS_HIDDEN_PRODUCT" in your admin and this product will be added to the order as Shopify treats it as a product on its own. This Hidden Product can be given a SKU as well as inventory.