Product Options allows you to create rules that will show or hide additional options to customers based on their previous selections. This is also referred to as 'product conditions'.
If your product has multiple options, but some of the options are only available once a customer chooses a specific option, then this is a great feature to use.
Note: Adding priced options is a Premium feature. Visit Change Your Price Plan in Product Options for more information on how to upgrade.
To set up conditional logic, please follow these steps:
- From Shopify's admin, select Apps.
- Select Product Options by Bold.
- Create 2 new options.
Note: Create one option that will show up first. Then, create a second option that will be shown as a result of the first option being selected.
- Select List of Conditions.
- Select Option Set drop-down menu and choose your option set.
- Select Create New Condition.
- Complete Rules:
- If (select Option Set).
- Step (select "is equal to" or "is not equal to").
- Select an Option.
- Complete Actions:
- Then (select "show" or "hide").
- Select Option step.
- Select Save.
- You do not want the same product to appear in more than one option set.
- Do not use both show and hide; pick one and stick with it. The app knows to do the opposite if the condition is not met.
- Keep it simple to avoid conflicts in rules.