Store Locator requires a Google Maps API Key in order to function. This API Key can be found within your Google account once a project is created and your billing account is enabled.
A Google Maps API Key is required so that the Store Locator app can make requests to Google for your customer's searches.
For a more detailed step-by-step on setting up your Google Platforms, please visit Google's Get Started with Google Maps Project article.
Please follow the steps below to create your Google Maps API Key.
In order to create an API Key, you will need a Google account.
- If you have a Gmail email address, you already have a Google account.
- If you don't already have a Google account, please visit Google Account Signup.
In order to use the Google Maps Platform, you must have a billing account. The billing account is used to track costs associated with your projects. For more information on billing credits, please see Google's article on Billing Account Credits.
Google provides $300 to spend on the Google Cloud Platform over the next 12 months. You will not be auto-charged after the trial ends.
To create a billing account, please follow these steps:
- Go to the Google Cloud Platform Console.
- Click the menu button and select Billing.
- Set up your billing account.
- If this is your first billing account, select Add billing account.
- If you already have a billing account, select Manage billing accounts.
To ensure that your billing account has been setup correctly, please check under the Payment Methods tab to ensure that your credit card is valid and reflecting on the account.
Once all of the correct information has been entered into the Google Maps Platform, the status should appear as active.
The following APIs are required by Store Locator.
Check to ensure that the following APIs are enabled:
Maps Embed API
Maps SDK for Android
Maps SDK for iOS
Maps Static API
Street View Static API
To review these APIs, please follow these steps:
- Select Google Maps Platform.
- Select APIs.
- Select all of the APIs listed above.
- Select the menu button, then navigate to APIs and services.
- Select Credentials.
- Select Create Credentials, then select API Key.
- From the Shopify Admin, select Apps.
- Select Store Locator.
- Select Need Help?
- Select Google Maps API Key.
- Select Save.