Store Locator requires a Google Maps API key to function, they are free and only take a few minutes to set up. The API key is how your store makes requests to Google for things like address lookups.
To create the API key, you will need a Google account:
- If you have a Gmail email address, you have a Google account.
- f you need a Google account, visit Google Account Signup.
To create an API key and add it to Store Locator, follow these steps:
- Log into Google Developer Console.
- Select Select a project.
- Select +.
- Enter a Project name.
- Select Yes or No to opt in to receive email updates.
- Under the "Terms of Service" statement, select Yes.
- Select Create.
- Wait for the creation process to complete.
- Select Create Project.
- Select Go to APIs Overview.
- Select ENABLE APIS AND SERVICES.
- Select ENABLE.
- Select Create credentials.
- Select What credentials do I need?
Note: After you enable the second API, you won't be asked "what credentials do I need?" again. Instead, select Library to search for and enable the next API.
- Select Done.
- Select Library.
- Repeat steps 12 - 18 for the five remaining Google Maps APIs:
- Select Google Maps Roads API - > Enable - > Library.
- Select Google Maps Embed API - > Enable - > Library.
- Select Google Maps Geocoding API - > Enable - > Library.
- Select Google Maps Directions API - > Enable - > Library.
- Select Google Maps Geolocation API - > Enable - > Library.
- Select Credentials.
- Copy Your API Key.
- From "Shopify Admin", select Apps.
- Select Store Locator.
- Select Need Help?
- Select Google Map API Key.
- Paste the Google API Key you copied in step 13.
- Select Save.