When a subscriber becomes inactive due to failed orders, outdated billing information or any other reason; they don't have to place their order all over to become active again.
You can reactivate their subscription by following these steps:
- From Shopify's admin, select Apps.
- Select Recurring Orders & Subscriptions by Bold.
- Select Subscriptions, then Customers.
- Under "Show", select Inactive Subscribers.
- Select Edit.
- Select Re-activate subscription.
- Select a Next Ship Date.
- Select Re-activate.
Note: If the re-activate button is greyed out, the customer's subscription has expired. Expiring subscriptions cannot be reactivated once the set number of orders has processed. The customer will need to resubscribe. If your customer's subscription began prior to the beginning of 2015, this would also be an issue.