When your customers subscribe to a product in your store, they are taken to a special recurring checkout which captures their payment information for that recurring order. To do this, we need a payment gateway to store that information safely and securely.
To set this up, follow these steps:
- From "Shopify Admin", select Apps.
- Select Recurring Orders & Subscriptions by Bold.
- Select Settings.
- Select Payment Gateway.
- Navigate to one of the Supported Payment Gateways and set up an account.
Note: Stripe and BrainTree are our recommended gateways. They are the ones that have been tested most extensively with Recurring Orders.
- Back in the app select Connect to Stripe (as an option).
Note: Steps will vary depending on the selected gateway.
- Select Sign in with Stripe to connect.
- Enter the email address, password, and select Sign in to your account.
- Verify and update the Stripe account information.
- Select Authorize access to this account.
At this point, we highly recommend processing a test subscription with a real credit card to ensure everything has been set up correctly.
Register for an account with one of our recommended payment gateways:
- Use Recurring Orders in Single Product or Multiple Products Style
- Use Recurring Orders in Recurring Cart Style
- Create a Subscription Group