This guide answers several frequently asked questions in regards to the general functionality of QuickBooks Sync. Please select a question below to view the answer.
Orders cannot be imported from QuickBooks Online to Shopify. QuickBooks Sync offers two alternative import features; Import Products and Import Inventory.
Both features are accessible through the QuickBooks Sync admin on all price plans.
Import Products imports your QuickBooks Online products to your Shopify store. The following adjustments are made:
- All Inventory and Non-Inventory Products in QuickBooks Online are imported to Shopify.
- Previously imported products are updated.
- Products set inactive in QuickBooks Online are removed.
Import Inventory updates Shopify product inventory for products that have an active mapping to reflect the inventory set in QuickBooks Online.
QuickBooks Sync cannot be connected to multiple Shopify stores using the same QuickBooks Online account at the same time. Authenticating a second Shopify store to the same Quickbooks Online account causes the first Shopify store to become disconnected.
In order to utilize QuickBooks Sync between two Shopify stores, we recommend the following steps:
- Connect the first Shopify store to your QuickBooks Online account in QuickBooks Sync, then run the desired export.
- Once this export is completed, disconnect the QuickBooks Online account in QuickBooks Sync.
- Connect the QuickBooks Online account in QuickBooks Sync on the second Shopify store, then run the desired export.
- Once this export is completed, disconnect the QuickBooks Online account in QuickBooks Sync on the second Shopify store.
With this method, QuickBooks Sync constantly has to be disconnected/reconnected for your use.
This is the only way to have two separate stores connected to the same QuickBooks Online account in QuickBooks Sync.
It’s recommended to use Shopify order prefixes if you are trying to connect multiple Shopify stores to one QuickBooks Online account.
Example: If you have order '1234' in Shopify and you add the prefix 'ABCD' in the configuration, your order is retrieved by QuickBooks Sync with the order number 'ABCD1234' and sent to QuickBooks Online accordingly.
- While using this method of having two stores connected to the same QuickBooks Online account, your stores lose the functionality for auto exports for all stores. If you require this functionality, only one store can be connected at a time.
- SKU's and order number sequences have to be unique across all stores.
- QuickBooks Sync must be installed on each store.
This FAQ refers to the QuickBooks Online item type. QuickBooks Sync is incompatible with Bold Bundles and is also not compatible with the bundles item type found within QuickBooks Online.
If a lock date is set up in QuickBooks Online, QuickBooks Sync cannot export orders included in that date range.
If you have a lock date set up in QuickBooks Online or have any other questions, please reach out to Intuit QuickBooks' support team.
QuickBooks Sync does not support test orders or orders paid using a test payment gateway.
Orders only export through QuickBooks Sync if the order was purchased through a live payment gateway or channel with a live payment method.
QuickBooks Sync does not support Shopify orders with a pending payment status or a partially fulfilled status.
QuickBooks Sync can export orders created via Shopify POS, as long as the order is created within the Shopify admin on the Orders page.
Refunds in Shopify are exported to QuickBooks Online as a credit note attached to the original order.
Both platforms have tremendous benefits and offer merchants powerful accounting solutions.
Bold is the supporting developer of both the Shopify apps for Xero Sync and QuickBooks Sync.
To start a free trial with either of these platforms, please visit the links below:
The United States and Canada are the only regions supported by QuickBooks Sync.
Other regions such as the United Kingdom and Australia have had success when using QuickBooks Sync and can be used at your discretion.