Loyalty Points - Version 1.0 was launched on August 2, 2016. The changes are outlined here.
- Retroactive points admin
- Updated navigation menu
- New automated email templates
- Product details lookup page
- Exclude products from being purchased with points
Retroactive Points Admin
A retroactive orders import has been added. Here you can pick a date range of orders you'd like to give points to, and we'll go through them all and assign those points based on the rules you've set up for your program.
Visit Import Retroactive Orders in Loyalty Points for detailed instructions.
Updated Navigation Menu
We have updated the navigation menu so you can find things a lot easier. We've also included a submenu to make it all accessible from whatever page you're on.
New Automated Email Templates
A full set of email templates has been added. You can trigger these emails when a customer has points expiring, earns new points, when they redeem points, and a welcome email when they join the program. They all come ready to go with default text, but we've made them customizable too, so you can edit them if you'd like.
Visit Customize the Emails in Loyalty Points for detailed instructions.
Product Details Lookup Page
When you start adding multiple bonus point rules, redemption multipliers and other rules, it can get difficult to remember which products are in which rules. We've built a dedicated product search page where you can see all the rules and details for any product.
Visit View Rules, Exceptions and Multipliers Associated to a Product for detailed instructions.
Exclude Products from being Purchased with Points
We made it easier to exclude products from being purchased with points. Before you had to make a crazy redemption multiplier to make it impossible to earn enough points, but now it's much easier. Just go to the Product Exclusions tab, and you'll be able to choose which products to exclude from either earning or being purchased with points.
Visit Create a Product Exclusion for detailed instructions.
- Changed to text dates for customer account page
- New price tier filter on customer page in app admin
- Setting page to change customer facing wording
- Able to disable base tier earning and redeeming
- Shows customers when each set of points expire
- Notification showing when your plan needs to be upgraded
- Warning message if products are in multiple bonus point rules
- Added the ability to exclude either all or selected manually created orders from earning points.
- Updated the filters on the customer page to be able to select all the customers in a particular earning tier.
- New settings page to edit all the wording that the customers will see. Ideal for translations, or even to add your spin.
- Added the ability to disable earning and redeeming for your base tier so you can exclusively use earning tiers to let customers earn points. Great if only want select customers earning points in your store.
- Now displays when each set of points expire (if they do) in the customer's account page. If you have your points set to never expire this won't affect you.
- New notification that will show in the app lets you know how many customers are being affected when you need to upgrade your plan.
- Added a warning message explaining which bonus point rules a product is included in when a product is in multiple rules. If you continue with multiple rules, the bonus points will be added together.
- Missing bonus points for some customers
- Creating duplicate customers on accidental second registration
- Fixed a bug where bonus points wouldn't appear for some customers on their account page.
- Solved an issue where the app would create duplicate customers when someone accidentally registered twice.