The "Product Swap" feature in Bold Subscriptions allows your customers to swap the products they have in their current subscription. This gives you an easy way to provide different products, flavors, meals, scents, sizes, colors, etc. and gives your customers a way to switch it up from order to order.
Note: This feature is not compatible with Recurring Cart mode.
Visit Product Swap Feature Setup for detailed instructions.
This is an elective feature, so you can choose to offer this option to your customers.
When creating a subscription group, or editing a current group, you will see an option in Step 1 that says "Allow Swapping Of Products". This feature is selected by default, deselect it if it's not necessary for this subscription group.
If you leave this box checked, it means any product in this subscription group can be swapped out for another item in the same subscription group. A customer will not be able to swap their item for an item in another Subscription Group.
If a customer wants to swap a product, they need to be logged into their Shopify account, and in the "Manage Subscription" page. When a customer is logged in, they'll see the link on the page.
Your customers will be able to view their subscription(s). When they select "Manage", a wide variety of ways to manage their subscriptions are available.
We want you to feel as confident with this feature as your customers will be. Here are the steps to swap a product on a live subscription:
- After selecting "Swap Products", a window will pop up with the items in the subscription. Any product with the swap icon to the right of it can be swapped.
- Once you select the swap icon, it will populate a list of all products that the customer can swap it for, along with their applicable variants in a small drop-down list. It also indicates any additional charges the customer will incur, if they choose to swap for a more expensive product.
- Once they choose which product they want to swap for, they will be asked to confirm the change again. After selecting "Yes, swap product", they will be taken back to the "Manage Subscription" page, where they can view the changes made, and they will reflect right away.
They can view these changes by selecting "Subscription #__" and then "Product Quantities". It will show their updated product of choice, and the quantity.
- If a customer on a prepaid subscription switches to a lower cost item, it will not be indicated, and they will not be refunded the difference.
- If a customer on a prepaid subscription, swaps for a more expensive product, you will see an order generate in Shopify that will indicate an additional charge was put through. The title of this order will be "Subscription Modification", and the note on the order will indicate which product was swapped.
- This feature is not compatible with Recurring Cart mode.